Friday, July 10, 2009

Nancy Wu: Reaping the fruits of hard work!

Nancy Wu
Nancy Wu at TVB Anniversary Awards 2008

Nancy Wu has already been in then entertainment industry for approximately 7 years, but the roles that she has played so far are either a flirtatious girl or villain roles. Nancy says regardless of the type of roles she gets, she still has fun undertaking them. "The audience nowadays expect more, they have higher expectations on artistes. In "Rosy Business", they like to watch how I flirt, how I attract others to seduce me, keep watching how my role changes. To be a flirty and likable girl at the same time is definitely not something easy to do, it's really hard!" explains Nancy.


Nancy expressed that she doesn't think villain roles are bad, but in fact, villain roles have a greater opportunity to develop and grow. "Many people don't like to be villains, but I usually encounter these roles, it could be consider my luck. In Rosy Business, I play a girl who has an affair, even my mom got very into the series, she would always say 'how could that be!', I really feel a sense of accomplishment!" Nancy reveals that there are many producers who offer her challenging roles and she feels that it's a risk to cast her in them. "They are really very brave, sometimes I don't even have enough confidence for myself that I could do well on that role, I'm more afraid that I may ruin the role instead, but the Producers are still taking this big risk in giving me the role, they may have looked for the wrong person, I truly admire their courage." says Nancy.


There are a few artistes who are natural actors, while others take time to improve. Nancy says that she's lucky as she has never had anyone criticise her acting. She expresses gratitude to her fellow colleagues who has helped her improve and advance. Nancy explains, "Many colleagues help me, give me advice and many Producers give me opportunities. But when I first entered the industry because I had too many lazy sounds when I speak, therefore making many people scold me! One time I was on a TV show, someone told me: "Ah Lui, you have so many lazy sounds, you will never in your life time be able to change it!' The person made it seem like I had no hope at all, but I did not give up. I know artistes need to have good pronunciation, an artist's voice is a priority. So each day, I would read the newspaper out loud to improve my pronunciation. Now no one had said anything about my speech!""


It is not an easy task to climb the ladder to success. Usually, the easiest route would be to stir up news and generate gossips, but fortunately, Nancy does not agree with these methods. "This circle, each person has a different goal, each person has a different lifestyle. There are ways to reach the top, but make sure you're able to pass your conscience first."


Nancy admits that she is not the type of person to win awards, and realises that the TV Queen title is far from her reach. She explains that winning the Most Improved Female Artist award last year is already a huge encouragement. She hopes that there will come the day when she will get to take on a legendary role and that would make her feel successful.


Every girl wants to be loved and find love. Nancy is no different. She admits that she wants a boyfriend who will support her and lend her a shoulder to cry on. After her much publicised break-up with Deep Ng, Nancy is seen on her own until rumours of her dating another artiste surfaced recently. She is rumoured to be dating Kenneth Ma (Man-In-Charge, Speech of Silence), but Nancy strongly denies this! "We have never dated, so I'm not sure if we are compatible or not! But he is truly a good person!" gushes Nancy.


TVB Review: We wish Nancy all the best in her future endeavors, and may she find her Prince Charming!


Source: The Sun with translations by aZnangel @ AsianUniverse.net

No comments: