Thursday, October 2, 2008

Myolie Wu swallows some bitter pills

Myolie Wu and Bosco Wong at TVB Lighting Ceremony 2008Myolie Wu and Bosco Wong at TVB Lighting Ceremony 2008

Myolie Wu is nominated for My Favourite Female Character in TVB's 41st Annual Awards for her role in War of In-Laws II. She had hope to receive a nomination in the Best Actress category but didn't make it. Myolie said, "we only know about the nomination list today, I do feel a little sad, but am very happy that I still got nominated, there are too many strong competitors this year."

She may have potrayed her role in War of In-Laws well, but her portrayal of Chow Chow in When A Dog Loves A Cat came under fire from many netizens. Myolie explained, "the character (Chow Chow) is too sentimental, maybe it did affect the chance of being nominated, but I have confidence that in the future, I will definitely win Best Actress. I still have many years in TVB, still have chance to get awards, I will still work hard even if I grow old, will definitely want to win Best Actress."

Source: MyolieWu.org
Original Translations:
Myolie-Wu.8forum.net

No comments: