Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sammul Chan loves his tea

Sammul Chan

Sammul Chan has a passion for tea. Although tea drinking has been regarded as an interest which older men favour, Sammul has a keen interest in tea since he was a little chap. Sammul reveals that his passion for tea was influenced by his grandfather. He says, "When I was small, a group of cousins and I would go my grandfather's house to have dinner. My grandfather would then make us a cup of tea to drink. The more I drank, the more interest I gained. Then I spent time with my grandfather to learn about brewing tea. Brewing tea can help train your patience and stimulus of thought because brewing tea is a step by step process. This is my attitude towards life."


Sammul Chan

Sammul enjoys visiting tea specialty shops, browsing around for different types of teapots and tea. Sammul shares that whenever he travels abroad for work, he would buy teapots and give them as gifts. As for his beloved grandfather, Sammul usually buys him different types of tea leaves. Sammul told reporters that the most expensive teapot he has ever bought costs him more than HKD 1000.


Source: Oriental Daily with translations by aZnangel @ AsianUniverse.net

No comments: